Parent Teacher Organizations
Click to be taken to your school's Parent Teacher Organization:
- Monona Grove High School Parent Educator Forum
- Cottage Grove PTO (for Taylor Prairie School, Cottage Grove School and Granite Ridge School)
- Monona PTO (for Winnequah School)
- Glacial Drumlin School PTO
- MG21 Parent Teacher Forum
MGHS Parent Educator Forum
All parents/guardians of MGHS students are welcome to attend the Parent Educator Forum meetings. This is an informal group meeting to encourage communication between home and school. There are no membership dues, fundraising, or required volunteer work.
Join the meetings with Google Meet.
The Parent-Educator Forum meets monthly at 6:00 p.m. on the third Monday of each month during the school year.
Cottage Grove PTO
We are a group of parents and teachers working together for the students and teachers of Taylor Prairie, Cottage Grove and Granite Ridge Schools.
Parents of children who attend these schools automatically become members. We hope you will get involved in some way this year. Please consider taking a leadership role, joining a committee, attending our events and supporting our fundraisers. Having fun, meeting people and fostering community are all fundamental aspects of our PTO.
The PTO provides many valuable services to our schools and our community:
We show our teachers how much we appreciate them with a Welcome Back Breakfast in August and an Appreciation Breakfast in May. We also provide meals for teachers during conference nights.
We bring fun family events to the community, such as Fall Festival, Family Fun Nights, and MORE!
The PTO raises money for our schools, which is used for the music departments, art departments, reading programs, assemblies, cultural arts events, playground equipment, and other school needs. We do all of this will a variety of passive fundraisers-without catalog or door-to-door sales.
The PTO helps parents by coordinating the Room Parent list and the School Supply Kits.
The PTO relies on volunteers to accomplish all of our goals. We are always looking for new faces and new ideas! Please take a few minutes to fill out the volunteer contact form so we can learn more about you!
Donations can be made at any time through our PayPal account: email@example.com
Thank you for supporting the PTO!
New for 2022-2023 school year, PTO meetings will be the 2nd Monday of the month at 6:30pm in person at the Taylor Prairie Library.
Hope you can join us!
2022-2023 Meeting Dates:
- October 10, 2022
- November 14, 2022
- January 9, 2023
- March 13, 2023
- May 8, 2023
Who We Are:
Who is the Monona Parent Teacher Organization? You are! Anyone with a child attending Winnequah School automatically belongs to the PTO.
The Monona PTO's mission is to build an equitable, inclusive, and diverse community of parents and teachers to support one another as we grow together through the Monona Grove School District.
What We Do:
Our children are fortunate to attend beloved neighborhood schools. Part of what makes Winnequah so special is the collaboration between parents and teachers, administrators and staff. PTO fosters these relationships in many ways:
- We present social events to deepen ties to the schools and the community. These include the Kindergarten Ice Cream Social, Sock Hop, Walk to School Day and more. Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many of our social events have been modified to virtual events or postponed until it is safe to gather.
- We show our appreciation to our educators by supporting them during after-hour programming (such as parent-teacher conferences) and with special events (including back-to-school breakfasts and teacher appreciation week activities).
- We fund valuable and enriching programs, materials, curricula and equipment. Teachers rely on annual PTO contributions to support flexible seating in classrooms, refreshed classroom libraries, subscriptions to magazines to enhance curriculum such as National Geographic Magazine and Time for Kids. Children enjoy virtual and in-person field trips, STEAM and makerspace supplies, electronic keyboards for music class and so much more. Our PTO support directly benefits the Winnequah students!
- We assist families when necessary so that all students can participate in field trips and other school activities regardless of ability to pay.
April 20th at 6pm - Winnequah Library
After School Enrichment Program
Glacial Drumlin PTO
The Glacial Drumlin School (GDS) Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) is a class act! Through this phenomenal partnership of parents, family members, and educators, Glacial Drumlin students have benefited greatly from PTO support. PTO has earmarked fundraising efforts to purchase 21st century technology equipment that supports student learning. To date, PTO funds have purchased a Smart Board, 3 classroom sets of Chromebooks, and iPads. In addition to technology, PTO has purchased playground equipment including soccer nets and balls, basketball hoops, tether ball equipment, and swing sets.
Each year, the GDS PTO organizes and sponsors the following activities at Glacial Drumlin School:
- The Book Fair
- Holiday Festival
- Spring Dance
- Staff Appreciation
Meetings have typically been held the first Thursday of each month at 5:30 pm in the large conference room in the GDS Office. All are welcome to attend!
2022-2023 Meeting Dates:
MG21 Parent Teacher Forum
The MG21 Parent Teacher Forum meets on the third Wednesday of each month at MG21.