As part of our efforts to keep families well informed, to be more environmentally friendly, to embrace innovation, and to maintain fiscal responsibility, the Monona Grove School District will be transitioning from paper to electronic flyer delivery. Links on the right side of this page will take you directly to the flyers for your student's school.
This green initiative will save paper and reduce copy costs. On top of that, posting school flyers in this “electronic backpack” removes a significant administrative burden from teachers, office staff, and volunteers. Any flyers from outside the school or district will be saved on this page. You may still receive paper flyers directly from your school. Our aim is to eventually have all flyers delivered electronically.
Flyers do not imply District endorsement of any identified product and/or of services.
For Program Partners
Program partners who would like to request flyer approval should follow the steps below. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed as of February 12, 2019.
- Review guidelines & criteria below.
- Use our submission form to submit your flyer.
District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on our criteria below.
All flyers are subject to the following criteria:
- Programs, projects, or activities promoted in the flyer must be of educational value or for enrichment of Monona Grove School District students.
- All flyers to be distributed shall bear the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- Approval of your flyer does not imply District endorsement of any identified product and/or of services. Families will be notified of this on our website.
- Flyers must contain font sizes no less than size 12.
- Please include a separate text version of the contents on the flyer, for ADA purposes.
- Include the date you would like the flyer to be released and when you would like the flyer to expire. Keep in mind we will only upload flyers once a week, usually on Thursdays.
- Flyers will not be approved unless they have met the above-mentioned criteria.
A submitted flyer will not be approved if the flyer:
- Is lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Incites students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Promotes any particular political viewpoint, organization/interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure.
- Publicizes or promotes a particular church, religious organization, or religious viewpoint.
- Positions the district on any side of a controversial issue.
- Discriminates against, attacks or denigrates any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
- Promotes the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children.
Monona Grove School District is not responsible for links that don’t work or for any incorrect information on the submitted flyer. If you have additional questions, please contact email@example.com.
We strongly encourage you to send your flyer in English and in Spanish as a 2-page flyer. Please do not rely on Google Translate or other electronic translation. If you have questions about Spanish translation, please contact Jade Sachs, MGSD’s Bilingual Resource Specialist.