5 Year Objectives
Teaching & Learning
- Bridge Academic & Social Emotional Learning as part of an integrated and comprehensive instructional model, using culturally responsive curriculum resources and practices.
- Amplify student voice through partnerships to promote active engagement in learning.
Highly Effective Personnel
- Provide an equitable and inclusive workplace to recruit and retain a diverse staff experiencing high levels of well-being.
Implement district hiring processes with fidelity across all positions in the district.
Engage the Community
- Implement strategies and systems to ensure effective, timely, and responsive communication to, from, and between all stakeholders.
- Create and utilize partnerships with our vibrant and diverse students, families, staff, and community to ensure access, representation, and voice.
Financial Sustainability and Efficiency
- Create and implement a sustainable and equitable distribution of resources that aligns with needs and priorities.
The majority of MGSD consists within the city of Monona and the village and town of Cottage Grove along with parts of Madison. See boundary map for more details.
Schools & Grade Configurations
MGSD serves students in grades 4K-12 among seven schools. See our locations for more details.